|Required Certifications:||AAPC or AHIMA
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Boston 02116, MA, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
CodaMetrix is a well-capitalized and early stage company focused on solving interesting problems in the healthcare administrative and clinical space. The company was formed by Massachusetts General Brigham (MGB) to help commercialize and build upon internally developed, and highly utilized AI-based applications.
CodaMetrix is led by proven entrepreneurs, technology and healthcare veterans, whose vision is to create a highly desirable atmosphere for technical talent to flourish and develop innovative, significant, reliable, and broadly utilized solutions.
The Analytics & Customer Engagement (ACE) team delivers powerful analytics-based insights designed to help our internal teams focus research on the most promising research developments as well as help our clients understand and tackle pressing business problems.
The ACE team is seeking Medical Coding Analysts with a strong background in Radiology and Pathology medical coding and billing. The Coding Analyst will be involved in all things coding from beginning to end, including evaluating and scoring coding work-product, identifying workflow improvements for potential customers, and serving as a company expert on medical coding for our Machine Learning and Product teams.
The Coding Analyst will work both independently and collaboratively to create evaluation and training materials and share knowledge within and outside of ACE regarding medical coding and billing.
- Analyze and document the coding practices and workflow of customers to validate the CodaMetrix product install as well as identify and recommend potential customer workflow/practice improvements
- Review and score our machine learning coding predictions across all customers
- Drive world-class coding quality by helping to design and implement CodaMetrix coding standards
- Develop insightful and comprehensive medical coding and billing training materials to be disseminated across the company
- Lead training sessions on current coding and billing information to ensure there is a company-wide understanding of coding quality
- Develop assessments that determine comprehension of training material
- Serve as the go-to for medical coding and billing questions
- Proactively stay up to date on medical coding and billing information
- Drive the ACE team forward by constantly seeking and sharing ideas and solutions
- Create and leverage efficiencies in order to effectively balance a variety of projects and meet tight deadlines
- Supervise and lead temporary medical coders during busier periods
- 5+ years of experience in medical coding and billing in Radiology and/or Pathology
- Strong experience working with CPT and ICD codes
- Coding Certification from American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is required
- An analytic mindset - interested in root cause analysis and process improvement
- Skilled at communicating across technical and non-technical audiences as well as with those who both do and do not have a medical coding background
- Detail oriented, committed to excellence and precision
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Solid background of developing informative and clear training/documentation materials
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity coexisting alongside critical thinking
- Ability to work efficiently under time pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and patient team player
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Professional Billing offices
- Experience with a variety of medical coding tools/platforms
- Interest in machine learning and cutting-edge technologies
- Experience managing temporary employees
Our company, as well as our products, are made better because we embrace diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas.
?CodaMetrix is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.