|Employer:||Charleston Brain and Spine
|Skills:||Coding,Billing,A/R mgmt,Denials/appeal mgmt.
|Specialties:||Spine surgery, Pain mgmt
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||9313 Medical Plaza Drive, Charleston, SC, USA, Suite 305 North Charleston 29406, AA, US
Our medical practice is relocating offices with the goal of expanding the number of physicians while providing an enhanced outpatient medical experience for our patients. Our relocated and upgraded office building is located near the junction of Routes 26 and 78 in North Charleston.
We are seeking a motivated, ambitious and financially savvy medical billing specialist. At least two years of medical billing is required. While experience in spinal surgery coding is preferred, this is not mandatory. Experience in pain management coding would also be a plus. This would include ESI, RFA and spinal stimulation trialing and permanent implantation.
More specifically, we are looking for an individual to perform insurance precerting for surgical procedures as well as having experience translating surgical procedures into CPT codes and then submitting those codes to the insurance carriers. Subsequent to this, you should be able to follow-up on billing to evaluate for payment, both partial and full. You should be able to report payment data in a meaningful way that demonstrates full payments, partial payments, and accounts receivable. You should be familiar with fee schedules and have the ability to identify patients expected payments for clinic visits as well as surgical procedures.
Applicants should be very comfortable with the following:
- Communicates effectively with staff and management at all times.
- Proficiency using on-line claims submission via E-Clinical Works (ECW) and/or direct claims submission on the insurance providers web portal.
- An ability to explore and evaluate new coding strategies for new technologies as well as cash payments for elective procedures.
- Demonstrates attention to detail; achieves the determined production and quality expectations.
- Process claims, follows up and re-bills on new and outstanding accounts in a professional and consistent manner.
- Experience with eClinical Works is preferred.
- Accurately document account status, notes etc. in system for each account.
- Performs accurate administrative duties in a timely fashion.
- Maintains compliance with FDCPA, FCRA, HIPAA plus local, state and federal collections laws.