MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
Under the direct supervision of the Director and/or Manager of Medical Coding Audit and Education, the Medical Coding Auditor will be assigned one or more of the following responsibilities: accurate and compliant coding and documentation review of pertinent medical records and physician services to identify need for coding education; coding education to physicians, coders, and other staff involved in the coding and billing process. Coding reviews include routine and periodic assessment of diagnoses and procedures performed with adherence to established coding guidelines of ICD-9-CM and/or ICD-10-CM (International Classification of Disease), CPT (Current Procedural Terminology), Governmental and Third-party carriers. MCAE will participate in educational feedback loop with physicians, coders, and billers as necessary and according to procedure. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to evaluate, prepare, and present audit results and educational instruction to physicians, coders, and other staff using corporate approved audit and education tools and materials. Application software used to perform job’s tasks includes internal database programs, NextGen EHR/EPM, GoTo Meeting, MicroSoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and Teams.
- Assists in the formulation of division medical coding
audit and education plans, materials and improvement processes.
- Reviews clinical documentation to determine adherence
to established Government and third party billing guidelines, AMA, AAP,
CMS, and Pediatrix Algorithms and coding policies as necessary.
- Following Medical Coding Audit and Education policies
and procedures, provides medical coding education to ensure compliant
coding practices for MEDNAX Services, Inc.
- Develops reviews and recommends changes to audit and
education documents and templates as needed to enhance the overall
auditing and education process.
- Performs miscellaneous compliance audits and company
based audit and education projects as required or requested by senior
- Participate in audit, education and coding team
meetings to discuss solutions to coding guidance or presentation issues.
- Performs and meets administrative
responsibilities according to company policies.
- Performs a variety of other duties as requested.
- Meets or exceeds required departmental deadlines and
goals on a consistent basis.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with
HIPAA regulations and Company policy.
- Presents a positive, professional appearance and
conveys a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
- Embodies the principles of the corporate Mission
Statement and Philosophy at all times.
- Complies with departmental and company-wide policies
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P) designation required with current active status.
- Level of educational degree and years of experience in hospital administration and/or multi-specialty physician practice, with full exposure to managing the accounts receivables, physician billing, and CPT-4/ICD-10 coding with medical terminology will identify the appropriate candidate.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and communicate them to physicians, coders, and other staff in a way that facilitates understanding.