|Skills:||auditing,coding,quality assurance,coding review,health plan
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||7755 Center Avenue #630 Huntington Beach 92647, CA, US
Medical Coding Auditor (Remote)
Who We Are:
Landmark Health is
a high growth, entrepreneurial organization committed to
improving healthcare for patients with the most serious and complex medical
needs wherever they reside and whenever they need it.
is built upon the core belief that a physician-led, patient-centric, and
contextually relevant intervention plan is the key to driving meaningful impact
to patient care. Our clinical model is transformative – it represents a
landmark in the evolution of our nation’s healthcare system.
this vision into reality requires exceptional people who share our unwavering
commitment to the patients we serve.
you want to make a difference?
Join us today!
Visit our website: www.landmarkhealth.org
In this newly created, high-profile
role, the Medical Coding Auditor plays a key role on the Landmark Health team
by ensuring the accuracy, integrity, quality and compliance of coded patient
data through auditing coders, Quality Assurance chart reviews; identifying
opportunities for quality improvement, education and training for coding
staff. This position will also be a key contributor in both internal and
external coding audit activities. The successful candidate must have
excellent attention to detail and a comprehensive knowledge of outpatient
guidelines for ICD.10, CPT, HCPCS, HCC/Risk adjustment, AHA Coding Clinic and
other available resources.
you'll be doing:
- Perform quality assurance on both aggregate coded data
and individual encounter data to determine accuracy of coded data utilizing
established coding conventions, guidelines and regulations.
- Give ongoing feedback and regularly cadenced quality
scores to coders and Coding Leadership
- Review, respond, track Health Plan coding reviews, QC,
audits. Comparing HP findings and recommendations with the documentation and
medical coding in the chart.
- Work in partnership with Coding Leadership team to
identify trends, create action plans and coder education materials.
- Review and monitor coder queries to providers ensuring
strict adherence to industry standards including, but not limited to, AHIMA
Practice Brief for Compliant Queries, AHA Coding Clinic recommendations for
- Function as the subject matter expert for medical coding
regulation, guidelines, updates and industry best practice.
- Tracking and reporting of internal quality assurance
scores to team leads, supervisors, managers, Coding Director, compliance and
others as need.
- Develop and cultivate positive relations with Medical
Coders and Coding Specialists. Foster a positive culture and environment of
support and continuous improvement throughout the QA process.
we're looking for:
- 1 year coding QA/Audit experience Required
- Coding Credential from AHIMA or AAPC – at
least one of the following: CPC, CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, or RHIA Required
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Bonus Points Awarded (but Not required) for:
- 2+ year experience coding QA and audit experience
- Experience in QA Risk Adjustment coding and auditing
- Experience developing and presenting coder education
- Experience in outpatient Fee For Service coding
- Credential from AAPC or AHIMA in coding QA and/or audit
- Experience with a remote work environment
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Incredible career growth opportunity to build something
better; bring your ideas and experience, where your input matters! We Listen!
- Above industry average, Highly Competitive Compensation Package, including performance bonus!
- Apply and stretch your medical coding auditing, quality
assurance and project management skills within a collaborative team
- Landmark is an expanding, national, financially stable
- Great benefits package including 401k with company match,
Medical, Dental, Vision, Generous Paid Time Off plan!
- Expense Reimbursement for Child and Elder Care,
Education, and certification fees!
- Landmark has received the Modern Healthcare Best Places
to Work award two years in a row.
- Much More!
Landmark Health, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative