|Employer:||University of North Texas
|Location:|| Denton 76205, TX, US
|The University of North Texas (UNT) Student Health and Wellness center is a full service medical center offering general wellness and specialty medical care to all UNT students. The Student Health and Wellness Center is staffed with licensed physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, certified lab technologists, psychiatrists, registered nurses, registered dietitians, radiology technicians, and massage therapists.
The Medical Coding and Billing Specialist acts as a Student Health Billing Representative, to record and bill charges for medical services to the patient, UNT-endorsed student health insurance carriers, and commercial insurance plans.
Job duties includes:
- Presents a professional demeanor when interacting with internal and external customers. Follows appropriate chain of command.
- Participates in all mandatory SHWC trainings and meetings, including committees, as assigned. Practices and follows proper privacy and security regulations.
- Participates/volunteers with SHWC events, including internal events, orientations, etc.
- Files properly coded insurance claims in a timely manner, as per contracted timelines.
- Answers billing and insurance questions and resolves any account issues. Documents appropriate notes in the practice management system.
- Assists with Billing Department coverage, as needed.
- Identifies and reconciles posting problems and communicates information to the patient, supervisor, and other entities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED equivalent and three years of general office or clerical experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Previous healthcare office experience.
* Previous college healthcare experience.
* Current medical coding certification.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.