|Skills:||This position will serve as HIM consultant/subject matter expert for the development of ClaimsXM. This position is expected to work closely with the development team and senior level client,partner and organizational leaders
|Required Certifications:||CPC,RHIA or RHIT certification.
|Preferred Certifications:||Other AAPC or AHIMA certifications will be considered.
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||Omaha, NE, NE* Note: This listing is for a remote position
When it comes to making an impact and lowering healthcare administrative costs, our Associates are our biggest asset. With a year of continued growth ahead of us, Signature Performance is looking for another talented individual to join our team. Signature Performance is looking for a Coding Consultant who has a minimum of three years of experience, knowledge of VA processes and systems and is CPC, RHIA or RHIT certified. This position would work closely with the development team and senior level client, partner and organizational leaders. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work within tight deadlines and work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures. To learn more about this current opportunity, visit our career page:
Essential Job Functions:
- Will support the building, reviewing, testing and management of the claims clinical edit tool.
- Initial work may include review of clinical edits, analyzing the current vs future state edits and other required analysis.
- Conduct quality reviews throughout the initial 90 days after Go-Live and as directed thereafter.
on clinical coding expertise, assist with development, implementation
and review of Fraud, Waste and Abuse tools to assure accurate claims
- Develop internal training, knowledge share content for peer to peer mentoring/knowledge share
during project planning, assessment/workflow process, direct build
progress of teams (or own team), development of testing plans, Parallel
processes (user acceptance testing) and go live activities.
in client communication process to develop and enhance client
understanding of the project Best Practice, project timelines, tasks,
client commitment, risk/issue impacts and mitigation.
- Completes project tasks and assignments independently with general supervision
- Use professional knowledge and experience to advise on optimal workflows and system functions.
across venues to resolve issues, propose mitigation strategies, and
escalate when appropriate to solution and engagement leadership
- Works closely with users to identify problems and provide solutions. Demonstrates an understanding of users' needs.
- Analyzes reasonably complex issues and develops/implements solutions with general guidance.
knowledge to facilitate client workflow and gap analysis, independently
with general guidance to complete documentation utilizing department
project deliverables and level of effort to complete and monitors own
effort to stay within project level of effort definition.
- Provides weekly status reports.
- Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience required. Prefer 5-10 years of senior level experience.
- Auditing, consulting or analysis experience preferred.
- CPC, RHIA or RHIT certification. Other AAPC or AHIMA certifications will be considered.
- Preferred knowledge of and/or experience with VA processes and systems.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of clients and management.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be a highly motivated individual able to grasp complex technologies, tools and concepts and learn quickly.
in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and
procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and
client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any
compromises of security within scope of position.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Able to communicate technical verbiage in language and terms that are easy for the layperson to understand.
General Areas of Accountability:
- Must conduct business and personal affairs in a manner that is always a credit to the company.
Machines and Equipment:
incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer
system, telephone system, and other office machines such as copier and
incumbent must be able to finger, grasp, feel, see, sit, hear, and
speak. This position is sedentary in nature with minimal lifting
incumbent works in an office environment that is not substantially
exposed to adverse environmental conditions such as heat, cold, or
extreme noise. Routine periods of being on the phone utilizing a
headset, sitting and data keying are required.
above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work
being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Note: This position may work onsite in Omaha, but working Remotely will be considered with travel to Omaha as needed.