|Specialties:||experience preferably in an orthopedic practice,Knowledge of the IDX/ GE Centricity, SRS Soft EMR billing software,Knowledge of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding systems
|Required Certifications:||CPC (Certified Professional Coding) certificate
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||2 Riverview Drive Danbury 06810, CT, US
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Position is primarily responsible for reviewing operative reports and documentation for surgery and all other hospital-based charges, assigning appropriate CPT and ICD-10 codes and enters charges, and global dates into the practice management system for all facility-based charges. Review and audit charge tickets for office services. Check for correct and complete tickets prior to being processed for billing and claim submission. Work as a team player, conducting oneself in a positive manor.
RESPONSIBILITIES / WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Read and interpret medical record documentation with patient records to identify all diagnoses and significant procedures that are to be coded, with both scheduled surgeries, ER and add on surgeries, and enter them into the practice management system.
- Apply federal guidelines in the coding of patient diagnoses and procedures according to CPT/HCPCS and ICD-10-CM coding conventions.
- Assist Billing Department in all aspects EOB error resolution, i.e., verifying and correcting all coding issues. Provide follow-up and reinforcement of correct coding guidelines to maintain continued compliance.
- Provide coding support and education to physicians/billing staff regarding new procedures/practices and federal regulations.
- Provide coding support to charge posters, secretaries, front desk/ registration, etc
- Provide CPT and ICD-10 codes for internal (i.e., precertification) and external (i.e., hospital, lab, orthotics, etc.) sources.
- Participates in professional development activities through seminars, coding reference materials, newsletters, etc. in order to maintain CPC credentials and to keep on top of all coding changes.
- Performs other related duties that may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description