|Skills:||coding orientation,documentation,resources,audit documentation,educate
|Specialties:||providers, billing, clinical, hospital, multiple specialties
|Required Certifications:||• Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
|Preferred Certifications:||or other equivalent coding certification required
|Location:||580 N. Washington St. Janesville 53548, WI, US
Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work and continually evaluates new programs and benefits. We have been recognized locally, regionally and nationally for helping our workers achieve a work/life balance through benefit offerings and innovative programs.
Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
- Location: Mercycare Building – Janesville, WI
- Full time, 6 am - 5:45 pm hourly
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Audits documentation for appropriate coding and reimbursement and provides education to all partners, including provider/s, clinical, billing and coding staff.
- Provides comprehensive research to new program initiatives to ensure compliancy and assist in the coding/billing workflow.
- Conducts provider coding orientation and education sessions and documents all information presented.
- Designs and presents coding and documentation training sessions on a regular or as needed basis. Additional sessions resulting from researching policies and procedures.
- Proficient in medical coding with an emphasis in E/M to be able to present educational sessions with confidence.
- Available as a coding resource for providers, clinical, billing, administrative and coding staff and develops or updates coding processes.
- Corresponds with the billing staff to establish or improve efficient work flows, policies and procedures as they relate to coding, denial management, and reimbursement.
- Maintain current coding library for policies and procedures to ensure the information is updated and accurate.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of official coding guidelines established by the American Medical Association (AMA), the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and contracted payers.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Four years of experience coding professional services in multiple specialties
- Previous experience in providing education in an individual or group setting
- Previous experience in developing work flows and training materials
- Previous experience in Epic or other billing and/or coding software