|Specialties:||Fertility, Endocrinology, Reproductive, OBGYN
|Location:|| Franklin 37067, TN, US
Inception Fertility is a comprehensive fertility company focused on providing people with the best options for meeting their family-building goals. Using a proactive approach to fertility care, Inception aims to improve people's chances of having healthy babies when they are ready. Our office in the Cool Springs area of Franklin supports multiple locations across the US. We are a fast-paced company with a warm, friendly, and fun office atmosphere.
The Medical Coding Specialist is responsible for initial submission of insurance claims and self pay posting according to documented procedures. Includes but is not limited to review of medical documentation to assign CPT and ICD10 codes, data entry of CPT and ICD10 codes for correct creation of medical claim, electronic submission of medical claims, follow up and re-submission of claims rejected by clearing house.
Our Medical Coding Specialist will work in our Franklin, Tennessee office with the opportunity to work remotely when certain qualifications are met.
- Retrieval of documentation – Including operative and progress reports daily from EMR systems and medical transcription database.
- Billing Data Entry – Performs correct data entry of CPT and ICD10 codes based on documentation provided by physician/centers for creation of medical claim. Posting of self-pay charges to patient accounts.
- Claim creation – Prepares electronic claim files for submission to clearing house on daily basis.
- Clearing House – Monitors accepted/rejected claims at clearing house level. Makes corrections as necessary to reprocess rejected claims in timely manner.
- Month End reconciliation – Compares transaction reports with daily schedules to ensure timely billing of all services provided each month.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date account information on system – Follows the system and reference procedures to ensure proper account status at all times. Ensures proper adjustments are posted, proper financial class is assigned, proper account documentation and billing status is entered.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Medical coding certification, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 1-3 years work experience in similar or related position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.