|Employer:||Capital Anesthesia Billing Services
|Specialties:||Anesthesiology and Pain Management
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||,Charlotte 28207, NC, US
The Medical Coding Manager is
responsible for managing the daily billing operations and objectives of the Medical
Coding Team. The Medical Coding Manager is responsible for designing,
implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining
effective coding processes for all clients. The position requires initiative, attention to
detail, dependability, empathy, ability to manage remotely located staff, and a
commitment to continually improve workflow processes, team and individual
performance, and processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Oversees the daily productions effort of the Medical Coding Team to ensure successful coding for external anesthesia clients.
- Hires, trains, and manages Medical Coding Team of 8-12 remote and in-office staff.
- Reports coding effectiveness, shortfalls, and corrective action plan accomplishments to management and practice management teams.
- Directly supervises Medical Coding Team to ensure collaborative work environment is maintained.
- Assesses the effectiveness of the Medical Coding Team. Monitors and analyzes coding issues to continually improve clean claims billing.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of training material and policy and procedure documents.
- Monitors and communicates key performance metrics with practice management and operations staff.
- Designs, implements, and tracks quality assurances for all coding processes.
- Addresses all escalated front end coding issues by working the internal and external resources.
- Ensures compliance with all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned within the scope of responsibility.
Education: Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, healthcare, or related field preferred.
Experience: Three to five (3-5) years of experience in medical coding and two (2) years of supervisory experience required. Over five (5+) years of supervisory experience in healthcare coding is preferred.
License/Certification: Valid driver's license and CPC - Certified Professional Coder required. CHCM - Revenue Cycle Management certification preferred.