grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with
more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of
companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
direct supervision of the Medical Coding Supervisor, the Coding Specialist is
responsible for coordinating
and participating in the coding process of pediatric surgery and Evaluation and
Management services from a variety of complex records and coding edits to
include diagnosis, treatment of illness and procedures performed while ensuring
accuracy of work and adherence to established coding procedures of ICD-CM
(International Classification of Diseases) and CPT-4 (Current Procedural
Applications utilized are:
Excel, Word, Outlook, Cerner, and NextGen.
all pertinent medical records for diagnosis and procedures
performed and documented while maintaining strict adherence to correct coding
and MEDNAX Compliance program guidelines.
- Timely and appropriate coding of Pediatric surgery and
office services as required to meet production needs.
- Communicate with physicians and other practice staff
regarding coding and billing questions (in-person, phone, and e-mail)
- Review documentation requirements and coding guidelines
with physicians, advanced practice nurses and other staff as necessary.
- Communicate to Coding management any Claims Manager
updates as needed.
- Review claim denials from Patient Accounts through the EEC
- Research, review, and provide clarification of third party
- Participate in audit, education and coding team meetings
to discuss solutions to coding guidance
- Meet or exceed required departmental productivity
standards on a consistent basis.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance
with HIPAA regulations and Company policy.
- Present a positive, professional appearance
and convey a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
- Perform other job-related duties within the job scope as
requested by Management of Coding.
- Embody the principles of the
corporate Mission Statement and Philosophy at all times.
- Comply with departmental and
company-wide policies and procedures.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding
Specialist – Physician (CCS-P) designation required with current active status.
- Clinical background or minimum of three years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
experience preferred in addition to certification.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts,
and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and communicate them to
physicians, coders, and other staff in a way that facilitates understanding.
position is to work 50% of the time in South Miami/Coral Gables, and 50% in
Sunrise, FL office locations.