|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||Overland Park, KS
Health is a high growth, entrepreneurial organization committed to
improving healthcare for patients with the most serious and complex medical
needs wherever they reside and whenever they need it.
Landmark is built upon the core belief that a
physician-led, patient-centric, and contextually relevant intervention plan is
the key to driving meaningful impact to patient care. Our clinical model is
transformative – it represents a landmark in the evolution of our nation’s
Turning this vision into reality requires
exceptional people who share our unwavering commitment to the patients we
Do you want to make a difference?
Join us today!
our website: www.landmarkhealth.org
Coding Specialist plays a key role on the Landmark Health team
by ensuring the accuracy, integrity, quality and compliance of coded patient
data, identifying opportunities
for quality improvement, and leading market level education and training to
providers and other key team members.
you'll be doing:
- Collaborate within the market team with Pod Leaders,
General Managers and Regional Medical Directors to formulate appropriate coding
and documentation support for individual providers, pods and/or the market
- Create training modules and materials to be presented
during formal Provider education sessions and initiate both group and one on
one training and/or recommendations for additional areas of training.
- Participate in weekly market Interdisciplinary Team
meetings (IDT) to give input to the team regarding coding and Hierarchical
Condition Category (HCC) for individual patient charts.
- Continually evaluate data for compliance with all
applicable state and federal guidelines and internal Landmark policies and
- Audit coded data and individual encounter data to
determine opportunities for education, training and documentation improvement
for both individual providers and market level provider groups.
- Report individual provider and market level coding and
documentation status and performance to market leadership teams.
- Perform day to day coding on new providers, mentoring and
training them until proficiency is achieved. Determine when proficiency is
sufficient to transfer provider’s encounters to a dedicated coding team.
Specialist may perform day to day coding as needed and the following will
- Ensure compliance with and adhere strictly to all
regulatory coding guidelines including:
- ICD.9 and ICD.10 Official Guidelines for Coding and
- AHA Coding Clinic for ICD.9 CM and ICD.10 CM
- CMS Medicare Part C instructions and requirements for
- Ensure code best suits the patient’s clinical condition
according to coding regulations and patient’s recent medical care, site of that
care and procedures.
- Review of assessment data to validate the appropriate
clinical ICD and CPT code(s).
we're looking for:
- Coding Credential – at least one of the
following: CPC, CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, or RHIA
- At least 1 year outpatient coding experience Required
- Proficiency in ICD.10 coding and/or ICD.10 certificatio
Bonus Points Awarded (but Not required) for:
- 2+ year experience coding ICD.9/ICD.10 for HCC
- Familiarity with Medicare Risk Adjustment.
- Experience working with providers for documentation
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Incredible career growth opportunity to build something
better; bring your ideas and experience, where your input matters! We Listen!
- Above industry average; Highly Competitive Compensation
Package, including performance bonus!
- Apply and stretch your medical coding auditing, quality
assurance and project management skills within a collaborative team
- Landmark is an expanding, national, financially stable
- Great benefits package including 401k with company match,
Medical, Dental, Vision, Generous Paid Time Off plan!
- Expense Reimbursement for Child and Elder Care,
Education, and certification fees!
- Landmark has received the Modern Healthcare Best Places
to Work award two years in a row.
- Much More!
Landmark Health, LLC is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.