|Specialties:||Out patient, In patient, multi specialty coding
|Required Certifications:||CPC or CCS or CCS-P or RHIT or RHIA
|Preferred Certifications:||CPC or CCS or CCS-P or RHIT or RHIA
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
Who We Are:
Landmark Health is a high growth, entrepreneurial organization committed to improving healthcare for patients with the most serious and complex medical needs wherever they reside and whenever they need it.
Landmark is built upon the core belief that a physician-led, patient-centric, and contextually relevant intervention plan is the key to driving meaningful impact to patient care. Our clinical model is transformative – it represents a landmark in the evolution of our nation’s healthcare system.
Turning this vision into reality requires exceptional people who share our unwavering commitment to the patients we serve.
Do you want to make a difference?
Join us today!
**Coding Credential Required - at least One of the following: CPC, CCS, CCS-P, RHIT or RHIA
**At least One (1) year outpatient coding experience Required
The Medical Coding Specialist plays a key role on the Landmark Health team by ensuring the accuracy, integrity, quality and compliance of coded patient data, identifying opportunities for quality improvement, and leading market level education and training to providers and other key team members.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate within the market team with Pod Leaders, General Managers and Regional Medical Directors to formulate appropriate coding and documentation support for individual providers, pods and/or the market region.
- Create training modules and materials to be presented during formal Provider education sessions and initiate both group and one on one training and/or recommendations for additional areas of training.
- Participate in weekly market Interdisciplinary Team meetings (IDT) to give input to the team regarding coding and Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) for individual patient charts.
- Continually evaluate data for compliance with all applicable state and federal guidelines and internal Landmark policies and procedures.
- Audit coded data and individual encounter data to determine opportunities for education, training and documentation improvement for both individual providers and market level provider groups.
- Report individual provider and market level coding and documentation status and performance to market leadership teams.
- Perform day to day coding on new providers, mentoring and training them until proficiency is achieved. Determine when proficiency is sufficient to transfer provider’s encounters to a dedicated coding team.
- Ability to travel occasionally up to 30%.
Medical Coding Specialist may perform day to day coding as needed and the following will apply:
- Ensure compliance with and adhere strictly to all regulatory coding guidelines including:
- ICD.9 and ICD.10 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- AHA Coding Clinic for ICD.9 CM and ICD.10 CM
- CMS Medicare Part C instructions and requirements for diagnostic coding.
- Ensure code best suits the patient’s clinical condition according to coding regulations and patient’s recent medical care, site of that care and procedures.
- Review of assessment data to validate the appropriate clinical ICD and CPT code(s).
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
- Incredible career growth opportunity to build something better; bring your ideas and experience, where your input matters! We Listen!
- Above industry average and Highly Competitive Compensation Package, including performance bonus!
- Apply and stretch your medical coding, training, auditing, and project management skills within a collaborative team environment!
- Landmark is an expanding, national, financially stable company!
- Great benefits package including 401k with company match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Generous Paid Time Off plan!
- Expense Reimbursement for Child and Elder Care, Education, and certification fees!
- Landmark has received the Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work award two years in a row.
- Much More!
Landmark Health, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.