|Preferred Certifications:||RHIT,RHIA or CPC,CCA,CCS
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||7630 Southern Boulevard Boardman 44512, OH, US
Medical Coding Supervisor
Southwoods Health is currently hiring a Medical Coding
Supervisor. This person will be responsible for managing and optimizing the
business processes that facilitate professional and acute care coding. The
Medical Coding Supervisor will maintain accurate, efficient and compliant
coding practices and will establish internal controls and key performance
indicators to monitor the efficiency, effectiveness and compliance of all
coding processes and staff.
- Monitor the DNFB report to ensure all cases are final
coded according to the facility specific goals.
- Ensures all medical coding is carried out according to
facility and regulatory policies.
- Recommends revisions to coding policies and procedures to
maintain compliance with federal and state rules and regulations
- Tracks and trends provider queries and performs education
to prevent future queries.
- Monitors deficiency reports on cases that lack
- Acts as the subject matter expert for coding and handles
coding staff issues as they pertain to coding, charge entry, regulatory changes
- Coordinates annual and adhoc educational coding sessions
for the coding staff and ensures the education is completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors and assesses performance of coding staff to
ensure timely and accurate coding.
- Effectively work with revenue cycle staff on coding
denials management and will assist with appeals as needed.
- Communicates coding needs and pertinent changes with
providers and relevant clinicians.
- Other revenue cycle duties as assigned.
- Current medical coding certification (ie. CCA, CCS, RHIT,
RHIA, CPC, etc.)
- An Associate’s degree in Health Information Management or
related field required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of inpatient and/or outpatient
coding experience; supervisory experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT coding
principles and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and
Southwoods Health is one of the most rapidly-expanding
healthcare systems in Ohio, providing enhanced access to today’s most important
healthcare services. Southwoods is a complete network providing comprehensive
care that meets the highest standards for quality and patient safety. We
seamlessly coordinate that care – from initial physician office visits to
scheduling diagnostic testing to surgical services – and are constantly
researching growth opportunities to benefit our community. Southwoods is committed
to setting the new standard of healthcare in Youngstown Ohio.
Competitive salary and benefits. Become a part of this
nationally recognized entity for customer and employee satisfaction! Equal