|Employer:||ENT & Allergy Associates, S.C.
|Specialties:||Otolaryngology, Audiology, Allergy and Immunotherapy
position is primarily responsible for accurately coding and posting clinic,
surgical and inpatient charges.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND
REQUIRED OR PREFERRED EDUCATION
/ CERTIFICATES / LICENSES:
- 1. Maintains strict patient confidentiality
and has an awareness of the sensitivity of patient information we handle.
- 2. Enters charges for ENT, Allergy,
Audiology services rendered in all ENT locations and surgical and inpatient
- 3. Performs audits of office, surgical and
inpatient charges for accuracy and proper documentation.
- 4. Performs audits of reimbursement from
payors to ensure they are paying us accurately.
- 5. Communicates with doctors/clinical staff
regarding coding/documentation issues, concerns, changes or updates.
- 6. Verifies and updates insurance coverage
- 7. Appeals and follows up on claim denials
from commercial/government insurance.
- 8. Works appropriate Epic workqueues and follows
up commercial/government insurance plans as needed.
- 9. Runs Missing Encounter Report through
the Epic to ensure capture of open/missing charges.
- 10. Provides patient education regarding
applicable charges, copays, co-insurance, and deductibles.
- 11. Assists in development, review, and
revision of departmental policies and procedures.
- 12. Documents all relevant patient information
in the EMR system accurately.
- 13. Communicates effectively with patients,
co-workers, insurance companies, and physicians verbally and in writing.
- 14. Provides positive patient and co-worker
- 15. Follows OSHA, HIPAA and other regulatory
- 16. Participates in educational
opportunities as determined by the clinic.
- 17. Wears required uniform and adheres to
the dress code policy.
- 18. Completes annual trainings as determined
by the clinic.
- 19. Attends required meetings.
- 20. Maintains a clean and orderly work area
- 21. Assists team with projects as needed.
- 22. Identifies opportunities to improve
patient experience and work processes.
- 23. Participates in projects/programs
designed to enhance service delivery and patient satisfaction.
- 24. Identifies opportunities to improve
patient and staff safety.
- 25. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
School Diploma or GED is required.
Professional Coder is preferred.
in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
in preparing and maintaining records and responding to correspondence.
in developing and maintaining relationships with patients, physicians and
to maintain quality standards.
to react calmly and effectively.
to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
to complete duties accurately and timely.
to maintain teamwork effectively with co-workers.
to be compassionate and understanding of our patient’s financial situations.
to educate patients regarding insurance coverages and financial payment
to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
to refrain from and deter non-constructive conversations.
to keep work area clean and organized.