|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
The Insurance Specialist, under general supervision, is responsible for payer and patient account balances being paid timely and remaining current. This position also performs collection activities such as monitoring delinquent accounts, contacting patients for account payment, resolving billing problems, and answering routine and non-routine account inquiries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors delinquent accounts and performs collection duties
• Reviews reports, researches and resolves issues
• Reviews payment postings for accuracy and to ensure account balances are current
• Works with co-workers to resolve insurance payment and billing errors
• Monitors and updates delinquent accounts status
• Recommends accounts for collection or write-off
• Contacts patients to secure past due balances, verifies patient demographics and insurance providers, updates information in systems, and documents conversations.
• Answers patient payment, billing, and insurance questions and resolves complaints.
• Contacts patients to secure past due balances, verifies patient demographics and insurance providers, updates information in systems, and documents conversations
• Answers patient payment, billing, and insurance questions and resolves complaints
• May refer patients to Patient Benefits Representative to set up payment plans
• Maintains credit balances of patients and payors ensuring timely refunds within government guidelines/regulations
• Adheres to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPPA laws and guidelines with regard to patient records
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum two (2) years combined medical billing and payment experience required
• Demonstrate knowledge of state, federal, and third party claims processing required
• Demonstrate knowledge of state & federal collections guidelines
This full-time position offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, company paid short-term disability, long-term disability and basic life insurance. Also included is a company matched 401K, supplemental life insurance, PTO (paid time off) and a Monday through Friday daytime work schedule.