|Employer:||Weill Cornell Medicine
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||,New York 10022, NY, US
|Medical Procedural Coding Specialist
Upper East Side Org Unit:
Clinical Operations Exemption Status:
Non-exempt Position Summary
Responsible for reviewing Interventional Cardiology cases and selecting the appropriate CPT and ICD-10 codes. Acts as the Division of Cardiology's coding liaison for all services to ensure compliance with coding and documentation requirements. Job Responsibilities
- Performs ongoing prospective coding and documentation chart reviews for physician services to ensure that the coding supports the services billed. Identifies issues and patterns related to coding.
- Participates in internal and external audits of billing operations and activities.
- Participates in annual and on-going mandatory compliance training. Fulfills Continuing Education Units necessary to maintain certification status.
- Enters charges into the practice management billing system, ensuring to meet productivity and quality-based departmental benchmarks. Performs charge entry batch quality assurance.
- Submits queries to physicians, as appropriate, for documentation clarification.
- Reviews and resolves charge router and charge review edits, as needed.
- Keeps informed of changes in policy within the field.
- Stays abreast with compliance on federal, state health care laws, regulations and rules. Reports any differentiation from institutional or departmental procedures.
- Selects and assigns the appropriate ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes, based on chart review documentation. Identifies issues and patterns related to coding.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Approximately 2 years of experience in physician billing, CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS Coding.
- Prior experience working with an eMR system.
- Working knowledge of federal and state reimbursement regulations.
- Knowledge of third party insurance billing policies and procedures.
Licenses and Certifications
- Ability to perform duties in a highly organized, efficient and reliable manner.
- Conducts job related activities in a highly confidential manner and in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Must be able to work independently and use sound judgment to execute assignments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with proven ability to apply creative approaches to complicated questions.
- Must be able to multi-task
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Certified coder (CPC, CCS-P)
Standard office work
To apply, please visit: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=23784&company=C0000274692P&username=&st=B4526C081728D47285A49555DACD340F32A8742F
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.Apply Here