|Specialties:||orthopedics, neurosurgery, rehabilitation, ER and hospital
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
We are seeking a Full time Certified Professional Coder (CPC) to be part of the team in our growing medical review department.
This team member will:
- review medical bills to determine the relationship of services billed to the covered injury
- apply appropriate review guidelines and assess appropriate use of medical coding
- identify over-utilization of treatment
- make appropriate reimbursement recommendations
- manage phone calls from customers and providers
Upon successful completion of orientation and training Medical Review Specialist may be eligible to work from home.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) - currently certified
- A minimum of 1 year of previous billing/coding experience required - background in Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Rehabilitation, ER, and hospital preferred.
- Excellent customer service telephone skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Additional Certifications a plus:
- Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC)
- Certified Outpatient Coder (COC)
ReviewWorks is a full service provider of Medical Cost Containment Services, for the Workers' Compensation and Auto No-fault/Liability Markets, located in Northville, Michigan.