|Employer:||Mercy Health System
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:|| Conshohocken 19428, PA, US
The Medicare Risk Adjustment Coding Specialist coordinates and facilitates the production of reports for chart reviews and other focused Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) programs, supports physician and staff education in coding and documentation, inputs and reports on collected data. Facilitates modifications to clinical documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers, and medical records coding staff to ensure that clinical documentation accurately reflects appropriate patient risk level. Ensures the accuracy and completeness of clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and hospital outcomes. Educates members of the health care team on an ongoing basis.
Education and Training High School Diploma or GED
Certification and Licensure Certified Professional Coder (CPC, CCS)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent observation, analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Effectively manage multiple tasks, activities and responsibilities.
• Basic level of proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point.
• Knowledge of managed care guidelines.
• Ability to form positive, collaborative relationships with hospital staff, patients, families and post-acute providers.
• Ability to problem solve in a proactive, creative manner, using sound judgment based on factual information and clinical knowledge.
• Ability to work independently.
• Some travel may be required for this position (must have dependable transportation and driver's licensure/insurance).'
Minimum of three (3) years experience in HCC coding (must have current certification).