|Employer:||Physician Professional Services
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||200 Rivers Edge Dr Medford 02155, MA, US
Under the supervision of the Coding Manager, the person in this role is responsible for following established procedures for front end diagnosis and procedure coding as well as assistance with appeals of coding related claim denials, where appropriate, for a large multi-specialty physicians practice located in Boston. The person in this role will be focusing on physician coding only. We are in search of a multi-specialty coder with minimum 3 years of coding experience. Knowledge of both ICD-9-CM/ICD-10. The Coder must also have knowledge of CPT coding guidelines and notes to assign the correct CPT and ICD codes for all services and procedures performed during the encounter and sequence them correctly.
Role and Responsibilities
• Assigns ICD-10 and/or CPT/HCPCS codes, as appropriate and abstracts pertinent information from patient records
• Ensures optimal reimbursement of all cases in compliance with CMS policies and procedures and Official Coding Guidelines
• Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements. Brings identified concerns to the Coding Manager or Director of Coding Services.
• Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association
• Adheres to Official Coding Guidelines, CMS policies and regulations and Medical Centers policies and procedures
• Communicates professionally and effectively
• Demonstrates effective time management skills by completing assignments within time constraints and calendar schedule
• Completes work assignments independently
• Engages in professional development activities to maintain professional certification
• Reviews coding reference material provided including Medical Center specific coding policies and procedures
• Participates in orientation training activities and reviews material provided
Minimum three years of multi-specialty coding experience
Must have AHIMA (CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, RHIA) or AAPC (CPC, CPC-H) certification
Must be able to commute to our office in Medford, MA or have access to home office set-up with reliable, high-speed internet connection
Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding
GE Centricity knowledge required
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
This job requires frequent sitting, Power Grasping using one hand, Fine Manipulation using one hand, and keyboard use.