Part-Time & Full-Time | On-Site & Remote| Permanent & Contract
The Multi-Specialty Facility Coder & Auditor is responsible for coding compliance initiatives being met for all clients. Reviews and analyzes medical records and abstracted data submitted by the remote coding staff to determine the accuracy of payment and code assignment, and adequacy of clinical documentation, in accordance with regulatory requirements. Implements the ICD-10-CM/PCS training program and other education as needed. Provides quality reviews and educational classes for staff and clients.
CodingAID works with many of the largest and most prestigious healthcare organizations in the nation to locate and evaluate top talent for their organizations.
Please read the below description and apply if you meet the requirements and would like to hear more about this opportunity.
• Perform Quality Assurance reports, and assist with implementing, developing, and maintaining coding quality programs
• Provides contributions that result in quality health records, while maintaining strong regulatory and legal compliance, and high level of customer service
• Successfully perform coding quality reviews to validate correct coding for coders following CodingAID’ s Corporate Compliance Plan and Quality Review Guidelines
• Serve as an educator for the coders and other healthcare professionals and departments
• Provide feedback to coding staff on quality review results
• Provide ICD-10-CM/PCS training to new and existing staff as needed
• Provide training on areas where coding compliance is not met
• Assist management team as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• CCS Certification through AHIMA is Required
• RHIT or RHIA in addition to CCS Certification is preferred
• A minimum of 5+ years of experience required in abstracting ICD-10-CM/PCS, present on admission indicators (POA), APR-DRG & MS-DRG, HCPCS, CPT, modifiers, and APC assignment
• High level of coding expertise for both inpatient and outpatient
• Advanced technical knowledge in a wide variety of surgical and medical specialties
• Strong experience with data entry of codes into a database and/or software tool
• Strong experience with remote and/or face to face provider education
• Knowledge and proficiency in a variety of coding software and MS Office proficient
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced, production level environment
• Strong organization skills, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and reliability
• Flexible and adaptive to new ideas and change
• High School diploma or GED required
CodingAID is a division of Managed Resources and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO
Visit http://jobs.managedresourcesinc.com to find more jobs and sign up for job alerts.