At the Dean McGee Eye Institute, our mission is to serve all Oklahomans and the global community through excellence and leadership in patient care, education, and vision research. If you are looking to make a difference in someone’s life who has been given the gift of sight, then you are in the right place. We provide care to approximately 200,000 patients per year from all 77 counties in Oklahoma and the surrounding region, and perform 8,400 surgeries annually in our ambulatory surgery center.
As an employer, you can expect a commitment to offering our employees a competitive, comprehensive, and cost-effective salary and benefits program that helps our employees stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance. Many of our benefits are available for part-time and full-time employees and their families.
The Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician assists in providing excellent quality patient care by performing multiple tasks in coordination with the patient eye examination.
Requires an experienced ophthalmic assistant or JCAHPO certified COA, COT, or COMT.
Preferred experience in Optometry or Ophthalmology
High School Diploma or equivalent
Patient/Customer Service Oriented
Effective Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Basic Computer Skills (electronic health record experience preferred)
Ability to travel to multiple offices if needed
Technical skills training background helpful
- Accurately collect and document patient medical and ocular history in an electronic medical record.
- Perform and document a variety of diagnostic tests as directed by physician(s) to include Visual Acuity, Lensometry, Pupillary Assessment, Ocular Motility, Tonometry, Retinoscopy/Refractometry, Glare Testing, Topography, Color Vision, Amsler Grid, Stereopsis, Dry Eye Testing, Pachymetry, Confrontation Visual Field Testing, OCT, ASCAN and Automated Perimetry.
- Transport patients in various clinical areas as needed.
- Perform other administrative and clinical duties as needed to optimize patient flow.
- Lifting up to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Able to assist in transporting immobile or less mobile patients into exam chair.
- Ability to move in and out of multiple exam rooms for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to adjust seating level to utilize equipment at patient’s eye level.
- Medical and Dental
- Vision Discount
- Health Savings Account
- Life and Accident Coverage
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.