|Employer:||Geneva Eye Clinic
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Preferred Certifications:||OCS or COPC
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||1000 Randall Road, Suite 100,Geneva 60134, IL, US
Geneva Eye Clinic is a busy, independent, multi-specialty practice with 4 ophthalmologists and 1 optometrist. Our physicians are subspecialtists in uveitis, glaucoma, pediatrics, refractive surgery and complex contact lens eye fittings. Candidates must have coding and billing experience in ophthalmology; familiarity with Allscripts PM and Medflow EMR is a plus. This position is full-time and located in the western suburbs of Chicago.
Our coders work with the physicians and clinical staff. The coding process consists of accessing electronic medical records from the practice management system, evaluating the medical records and verifying appropriate codes for medical, surgical and routine vision codes were assigned. The Coder ensures that documentation supports the medical necessity of all charges filed and ensures compliance as outlined by government and third party payers. The Coder ensures all contact with providers, clinical staff and other personnel are carried out in a friendly, courteous, helpful and professional manner.
- Strong understanding of Evaluation and Management codes, Eye Codes, ICD 10 coding and Medicare guidelines.
- Proficient in Electronic Medical Records data entry and review.
- Understand current regulatory coding requirements.
- Make independent decisions based on knowledge.
- Apply standard protocol to CPT coding standard and guidelines.
- Submission of claims electronic/paper, follow through on denied, incorrect and/or unpaid claims; submission of corrected, reconsideration and appeal claims.
- A/R claims follow-up which includes handling appeals & denials and answering patient’s billing questions.
- Knowledge of authorizations & referrals process.
- Experience with commercial insurance & Medicare required.
- Ideal candidate should possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail, commitment to service, and ability to follow through on assigned responsibilities.
- Work effectively with others and as a team member.
- Perform special projects and miscellaneous duties as needed and requested.
- Competitive wages
- Monday through Friday schedule, no weekends
- Vacation/PTO & Paid Holidays
- BCBS Health Insurance- Employer Contribution
- Discounted vision care
- Dental Insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Annual uniform stipend