Steward Medical Group
Monday - Friday
Manages daily billing operational
activities related to busy Otolaryngology practice at St. Elizabeth’s Medical
Center in Brighton, MA. Reviews surgical/clinical records to assure accurate
specificity of diagnoses, procedures, and appropriate reimbursement for
professional and/or facility charges. Effectively utilizes ICD-10, CPT, and
HCPCS modifier and/or other codes according to coding guidelines. Communicates
regularly with staff physicians to ensure documentation, code capture, and
billing are within compliance guidelines. Works closely with Steward Medical
Group corporate coding team in performing chart audits, ensure proper code
assignment, and review denial/reimbursement reports. Evaluates and
implements educational programs to support current coding practice.
Reports to practice Operations Director. The position is full-time.
• Supervises all coding activities and workflows and is
content expert for providers (MDs, APPs, etc.)
• Provides applicable training for providers on proper coding/documentation.
• Manages operations within the established guidelines
(compliance, budget, productivity, etc.)
• Create and maintain department processes and controls
• Performs pre/post chart audits to ensure coding accuracy
•Codes all claims and is responsible for timely and accurate
charge capture relative to monthly budget targets
• Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations,
rules and regulations, and policies & procedures.
• Evaluates and implements educational programs to support
current coding practice.
• Serve as information liaison on coding-related information
and activities to the practice.
• Coordinates with other departments to facilitate the
coding process and revenue cycle performance.
• Focus on continuous improvement.
• Act as a resource on projects and takes on other duties as
• Maintains certifications and stays current on industry
trends (e.g. CMS guidelines, ICD-10-CM/CPT changes, resolves coding and
documentation regulatory issues).
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 3-5 years professional coding experience required
• Professional coding certification (CPC, CCS-P) required
• Certified Risk Adjustment Coder preferred; Risk Coding
• Prior expertise in physician practice claims management,
coding, E&M Leveling and HCC Risk.
• Strong Preference for candidates with Otolaryngology
experience, but not required.
• Demonstrated coding (ICD-10-CM and CPT) expertise.
• Demonstrated knowledge of health information processes
• Excellent problem-solving ability, communication,
leadership, initiative, and management skills are a necessity.
• Certification in Health Care Compliance (CHC) highly
• Special skills required include: a thorough knowledge of
medical terminology, anatomy & physiology, disease processes, health
information science, computer applications in medical records, and current
dynamics in the health care industry.
apply, please send resumes or inquiries to:
Bugeya, Sr. HR Advisor,
Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health
Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is the largest
private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is
owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in
Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and
operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta
and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The
Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing
facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under
management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the
company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network
includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide
more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the
company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient
encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta,
Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida,
Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more
information, visit www.steward.org.