|Required Certifications:||COC,or equivalent coding certification,1 of the following: CPC,CCS,CIC
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||715 N. St. Joseph Ave. Hastings 68901, NE, US
The position will work under general supervision while coding diagnoses and procedures of inpatient and outpatient medical records.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years coding experience required. Cross trained in mulitiple areas of professional/outpatient coding preferred.
EDUCATION: GED or High School Diploma required. Associate Degree in Coding or Medical field preferred.
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Coder must be certified in two of the following certifications: Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or equivalent coding certification required.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Adheres to Mary Lanning Healthcare’s Standards of Behavior.
- Abstracts clinical information; translates medical documentation into diagnoses and procedural codes while utilizing currently accepted coding and classification systems.
- Sequences codes according to established guidelines
- Thoroughly analyzes and interprets medical information, medical diagnoses, coding/classification systems, to ensure accuracy for prospective payment system reimbursement.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings / in-services, Mary Lanning Healthcare quality improvement program, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.