At Cenevia, we eliminate operational burdens so our healthcare delivery champions can focus on providing high-quality and cost-effective health outcomes. Since 1996, Cenevia has been a trusted support system, training partner and business process expert for health providers, including Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), private practices, hospitals, managed care organizations, and provider networks.
We provide integrated, network-based services and programs to healthcare clients to help them run their businesses better so that they can focus on patient care. This includes the centralized practice management system, help desk, and support infrastructure that we established in 1999.
The Patient Account Coordinator is responsible for all billing duties listed below. The position requires coordination with client contact for the daily and monthly revenue cycle management process.
• Account inquiry review
• Provider mapping and configuration
• Claims processing (both paper and electronic)
• Payment posting (both manual and electronic)
• Management of clearinghouse rejected claims
• Refunds and small balance adjustments
• Claim denial management
• Collection management
• Insurance website navigation and maintenance of log in access
• NGS Florida Shared System resubmission of denied Medicare Part A claims
• Patient phone calls and interpretive management services
• Billing alert creation and deletion
• Patient demographic updates
• Continued education
• Training of front desk staff members
• Submission and follow up of ECW support tickets and CCNV IT support tickets
• Insurance health plan entry and IE configuration
• Maintaining insurance files to include payor and eligibility Identification characters
• Patient statements processing
• Accounts Receivable management reports review
• Daily balancing
• End of month balancing and reporting
• E-status review for provider participation status
• Monthly client conference call preparation
• Professional communications to clients and company employees
Applicant must have two years of experience in insurance reimbursement, account collections, coding and medical terminology. Candidate should be proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word. Must have excellent customer service skills. High school diploma or equivalent required. CPC certification.
•Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality--Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position is remote and employee must have suitable and secure technology to be eligible for consideration – e.g., secure WiFi, telephone, dedicated workspace. Additionally, employee is required to participate and be seen in meetings via video conference as part of this role.
Cenevia is an equal opportunity employer.
At Cenevia, we believe diversity brings strength and adaptability by drawing on a broad range of talents, experiences and perspectives, and affords an inclusive workplace and culture where all people, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or background, feel a sense of belonging.