|Employer:||Central Dermatology Center
|Skills:||Medical Coding,Medical Billing
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||2238 Nelson Hwy, Suite 100 Chapel Hill 275175914, NC, US
Central Dermatology Center is looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing, and professional individual to join our team as a Patient Billing and Claims Specialist. This position will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with the patient accounts including, but not limited to, ensuring the processing of clean claims for services rendered, estimating patient responsibility for surgical procedures, collecting surgical deposits, coordinating of payment plans, collecting outstanding patient balances and assisting patients with inquiries regarding their co-payments, coinsurance and deductibles.
Prior experience in Patient Account management is required. Additional experience in billing/coding is strongly preferred. Experience in Dermatology preferred.
- Greet all patients and visitors with a caring yet professional demeanor by phone and in person.
- Examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure appropriate codes are used for services performed and correct coding issues as they arise.
- Verify benefits/eligibility and prepare patient estimates for surgical procedures.
- Respond to patient billing and statement inquiries.
- Process patient payments to patient accounts in computerized system.
- Contact patients regarding outstanding account balances.
- Establish payments plans to help patients manage payment of outstanding balances.
- Send delinquent accounts to collection agency.
- Balance daily batches. Prepare and distribute income and statistics reports.
- Perform administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, replying to emails, and using word processors to prepare reports.
- Update information as required to maintain accuracy for billing.
- Ensure compliance with standard procedures and policies while performing the functions of the position.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality; adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Prior experience in Patient Account Management is required.
- Prior experience/training in Billing and Coding strongly preferred.
- Previous Dermatology experience preferred.
- Associate's degree in Accounting, business, mathematics, or in a similar discipline/equivalent work experience preferred.
- Adept at courteously interacting with patients to collect balances.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
High school graduate required, Two (2) years college or higher preferred.
Our main office is located in Chapel Hill, NC, and the Patient Billing and Claims Specialist will work primarily out of our Chapel Hill location. We also have additional satellite locations in Cary, Raleigh, and Sanford. All candidates must have reliable transportation.
Job Type: Full-time
This is full-time position and our practice offers a wide range of benefits including; health, dental, life, disability and 401K/Profit Sharing retirement plan.
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 per hour. Negotiable based on education and experience.
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter through the company website at centraldermcenter.com or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your contact information and the position for which you are applying. Candidates that do not submit a professional resume will not be considered. Qualified applicants will be contacted. Phone calls to CDC regarding the position will NOT be accepted.