|Employer:||The Steadman Clinic
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:|| Vail 81657, CO, US
The Patient Financial Counselor educates and assists patients with making informed decisions about payment options and financial arrangements regarding their medical bills. Serves as the liaison between patients and their insurance companies to coordinate payments and answers questions from both parties.
Classification: Full-time, year round, non-exempt position with benefits
Location: Vail, CO.
Major Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Provide information to patients on costs, payment methods and alternatives to payments/financial assistance.
- Assist patients to navigate through various facility and provider bills.
- Provide answers to reimbursement questions regarding health plan eligibility, benefit issues, co-pay requirements and medical referral requirements.
- Monitor and collect the financial responsibilities of patients seeking financial counseling.
- Prepare estimates of procedures, calculates payments, and inform patient of acceptable arrangements on balance, both current and previous.
- Negotiate and strategize patient payment arrangements.
- Appropriately document and report payment information, update patient account and balances.
- Establish contract and payment plan with self-pay patients.
- Comply with current rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of accounts receivable management in a healthcare setting required.
- Excellent understanding of medical terminology and orthopedic coding.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise discretion when working with patients and insurance companies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Retirement Plan
- Four weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) in year one
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Referral Program Incentive
- Ski Pass Bonus
- Paid parking
- And more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.Apply Here