|Required Certifications:||HFMA CRCR,or comparable certification),Epic Resolute certification(s) or billing certifications (AAPC CPB
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Janesville 53542, WI, US
|Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work and continually evaluates new programs and benefits. We have been recognized locally, regionally and nationally for helping our workers achieve a work/life balance through benefit offerings and innovative programs.
Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
- Mercycare Building – Janesville, WI or
- Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton Avenue, Rockford, IL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides training and orientation of new partners
- Researches and provides ongoing partner education regarding regulatory compliance and requirements for claim submission
- Responsible to ensure that all applicable payer manuals are kept current
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of daily tasks and projects
- Works with the supervisor to develop and maintain individual and work group statistics that measure quality and productivity
- Performs partner audits on a regular basis to ensure quality and accuracy of partner work product
- When applicable, identifies and takes appropriate action to resolve problems to ensure that Mercyhealth obtains expected reimbursement. Brings workflow discrepancies to the attention of a supervisor or manager
- Provides daily support to work group partners by being available to answer questions and gives direction on workload
- On occasion, with the coordination of a supervisor, adjusts workload
- In-depth knowledge of Revenue Cycle applications and websites
- Potential direct contact with patients, insurance companies, and/or outside agencies as appropriate
- Special projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in a business or healthcare field preferred.
- Five years of healthcare experience required, with emphasis in billing, insurance, collections, registration, scheduling, or customer service.
Epic Resolute certification(s) or billing certifications (AAPC CPB, HFMA CRCR, or comparable certification) required
Special Physical Demands
The Special Physical Demands are considered Essential Job Functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have good manual dexterity to operate keyboard and telephone; repetitive finger/wrist movement associated with use of keyboard; prolonged sitting. The employee must be able to lift or move office related objects