|Employer:||The University of Vermont Health Network - Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital
Responsible for billing and collecting physician office accounts according to established policy and procedures. The Physician Billing Specialist must stay current with constantly changing rules and regulations in order to ensure prompt collection of monies due. Responsibilities
- Bill insurances through electronic billing system while maintaining compliance with applicable regulations and contractual agreements.
- Follows up with payers on outstanding balances in a timely manner.
- Processes insurance rejections, denials, or requests for additional information in a timely manner.
- Stays current with professional billing guidelines, places of service requirements and appropriate use of modifiers.
- Reviews payments for appropriateness of payment as compared to contracted fee schedules.
- Reviews overpayments and processes refunds as appropriate.
- Notifies supervisor/manager of any denial trends or payment issues.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Good communication, organizational and telephone skills required.
- Must have experience using billing out of Medent.
- One (1) year of physician office billing experience required.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail, and follow through is required until accounts are resolved.
- Flexibility and handling multiple tasks at once is required.
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of patients for which care is being provided. Apply Here