- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to coding policy interpretation and implementation
- Work independently; well-organized and able to set priorities with minimal direction
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong PC skills; Excel, Word, PowerPoint and internet based program
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Active CPC or CCS-P certification required. Additional CPMA certification a plus. Inpatient and Outpatient Evaluation and Management coding proficiency required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and meet department goals.
- Demonstrated solid planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Active CPC or CCS-P certification required. Additional CPMA certification a plus.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.