Physician Coding Supervisor Job in Boston, Massachusetts
It is the responsibility of the job seeker to validate the information posted for each job. AAPC cannot validate or guarantee the accuracy of the information posted below.
Job Title: Physician Coding Supervisor
|Employer:||Boston Children's Hospital
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Specialties:||Physician coding, Coding Validation
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||,Boston 02215, MA, US
|At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced through major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Shared Service Center and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.This Physician Coding Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Supervising and organizing daily operations of the Coding staff. Plans, schedules and delegates assignments and monitors workflow to ensure timely completion of coding and schedules contract coding services as needed. Identifying impediments to efficient production and implements corrective measures as necessary. Follows up on and resolves missing/incomplete information and coding problems referred by subordinate personnel.
- Recommending, developing, and implementing coding and reimbursement training programs for coding staff and other hospital staff as needed. Leading and facilitating development of standards, guidelines, and criteria and provides guidance and support to the coding staff. Establishing and maintaining systems and criteria to monitor the quality and effectiveness of coding practices. Recommending and implementing changes to ensure data integrity and optimal and compliant reimbursement for services.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with client departments/foundations in order to identify and address interdisciplinary processes and issues. Obtaining and coordinating resources, and planning and facilitating implementation of programs and systems.
- Developing and maintaining professional skills and up to date knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues related to coding, documentation and billing. Responsible for providing knowledge to staff as related.
- Acting as a resource for the Shared Service Center, providing assistance with complex billing/coding systems and payment issues.
- Supervising staff, including performance management, goal setting, training and development, and participates in hiring.
To qualify, you must have:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in Physician coding with specific experience in Coding Validation and/or compliance review in a specialty or multi-specialty setting.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, ICD-9/10-CM and CPT-4 coding classification systems, and regulatory agency requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of CCI, LCD and CMS PRVU required. Preference for knowledge related to system integration.
- Computer literacy and health care statistics computation required.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.