Capital Health has an excellent opportunity for a Physician Fee Coding & Audit Specialist to join our Health Information Management Department.
* Audits medical record documentation for accurate assignment of diagnosis, current procedural terminology and evaluation and management codes. Researches coding and reimbursement issues and reports findings to management, physicians and staff.
* Provides ongoing education to physicians and LIPs on documentation requirements for accurate code assignments. Works with supervisor for any training-related questions.
* Performs internal quality assessment reviews on physician (professional) coding to ensure compliance with national coding guidelines and Capital Health's policies for complete, accurate and consistent coding that results in appropriate reimbursement and data integrity.
* Assists with preparation and presentation of monitoring results for review with physicians and hospital leadership.
* Attends hospital and medical staff meetings to respond to documentation-related issues. Provides support for coding provider-based billing-related claims, which includes coding professional fees.
* Facilitates change processes required to capture needed documentation, such as forms design.
* Assists in appeals process resulting from third-party reviews.
* Associate's degree in Health Information Management. RHIT and Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-based (CCS-P) required. Physician coding and training certification.
* Three years of related supervisory experience. Physician coding and auditing experience preferred. Professional-fee coding a plus.
* CPC or CCS required. RHIA or RHIT preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of pathophysiology and disease processes.
* Strong knowledge of industry guidelines and laws for physician coding and reimbursement. Possesses research and analysis skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, or pathophysiology knowledge.
* Ability to develop, implement, deliver and assess coding education plans using a variety of methods to individual providers or provider groups.
About Capital Health:
Capital Health is the region's leader in providing progressive, quality patient care with significant investments in our exceptional physicians, nurses and staff, as well as advanced technology. Comprising two hospitals (our Regional Medical Center in Trenton and Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell), our Hamilton outpatient facility and various primary and specialty care practices across the region, Capital Health is a dynamic healthcare resource accredited by DNV GL - Healthcare.
A four-time Magnet®-recognized health system for nursing excellence, Capital Health serves as a Level II regional trauma center, comprehensive stroke center, regional perinatal center (including a Level III NICU), and emergency mental health screening center. We also offer the region's first and most experienced Pediatric Emergency Department and most recently, New Jersey's first Autism-Friendly Pediatric Emergency Department. Capital Health takes great pride in our innovative programs, such as our Capital Institute for Neurosciences; nationally accredited Center for Comprehensive Breast Care; Center for Digestive Health; Marjorie G. Ernest Joint Replacement Center of Excellence; award-winning Cancer Center; and our Heart & Vascular Institute, which includes the region's first accredited Chest Pain Center.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits that include:
* Tuition reimbursement
* Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
* 403b savings and retirement program
* Educational assistance program
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
For more information and to Express Your Interest In Less Than 60 Seconds, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/208798/
Equal opportunity employer.
Apply Here: http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/208798/