|Employer:||Baptist Health South Florida
|Skills:||Assignment of appropriate ICD-10-CM/CPT/HCPCS/ Level I & II modifiers,Evaluation and interpretation of medical record documentation,Compliance
|Required Certifications:||Certified Professional Coder (CPC),Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P) designation required with current active status
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||San Remo Avenue Coral Gables 33146, FL, US
Baptist Health South Florida is once again one of the 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For! This is the 20th time Baptist Health has been recognized on the list. We have also been recognized for being among the best healthcare providers in the nation by U.S. News & World Reports in its 2020-2021 Best Hospitals and have been honored as one of PEOPLE's 2020 50 Companies that Care by PEOPLE magazine and Great Place to Work.
Baptist Health South Florida is the region's largest not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 23,000 employees working across 11 hospital campuses and more than 100 outpatient facilities throughout Miami-Dade, Monroe, Broward, and Palm Beach counties. In 2016 we welcomed the newest weapon in the fight against cancer, the world-class Miami Cancer Institute and proton therapy center.
Everything we do at Baptist Health, we do to the best of our ability. That includes supporting our team with extensive training programs, millions of dollars in tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits and more. Working within our award-winning culture means getting the respect and support you need to do your best work ever. Find out why this is the best place to be your best!
- The Coding Specialist is responsible for the assignment of appropriate ICD-10-CM/CPT/HCPCS/ Level I & II modifiers) codes to services, diagnosis and procedures to obtain accurate timely and accurate production for proper reimbursement and data collection through evaluating and interpreting medical record documentation.
- Adheres to official coding guidelines and regulations, AMA, CMS and National Correct Coding Initiatives (NCCI).
- Collaborates with Coding Education team for identified trends and provider educational coding opportunities.
- Ensure timely charge review/processing of daily submissions.
- Routinely monitoring annual coding and regulation changes.
- Communicate to clinical providers all discrepancies in coding based on the medical record reviewed and provides feedback related to documentation issues and/or revenue opportunities.
- Review coding claim denials from Revenue Management for coding resolutions.
- Participates in audit, education and coding team meetings to discuss solutions to coding guidance.
- Meet or exceed required departmental expectations on a consistent basis. Performs a variety of other Coding Compliance duties as needed.
- Presents a positive, professional appearance and conveys a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
- High School Diploma, Certificate of Attendance, Certificate of Completion, GED or equivalent training or experience required.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P) designation required with current active status.
- Required completion of an accredited certified coding specialist program.
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years coding experience in a physician practice setting.
- Must pass pre-employment coding assessment test with before hire.
- Proficient in ICD-10CM/PCS, HCPCS/CPT coding conventions and guidelines, National and Local Coverage Determinations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of coding guidelines in collaboration with federal and national regulations (CMS, AHIMA, NCCI etc.).
- Attention to detail and completeness with a thorough understanding of government rules and regulations, medical coding and reimbursement guidelines.
- Ability to identify/trend/summarize potential compliance, coding, billing concerns and bring forth a potential resolution.
- Competency in computer applications.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and co-workers.
BHSF is an EOE
Job ID: 120714