|Employer:||Texas Medical Association
|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Job Location:||Partial Remote
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||401 W.15th Street Austin 78701, TX, US
DEPARTMENT Practice Management Services
SUPERVISOR AVP, Practice Management Services
Provide operational and consulting support to consulting and education departments.
- Take incoming phone calls, complete initial client contact forms and assess client needs; forward to a consultant for additional follow up and Q&A
- Assist with consulting projects and provide administrative and project support to the consultants
- Prepare, bind, and mail project reports
- Assist with keeping Practice Help pages on TMA website updated
- Assist with development of new practice management consulting services, webinars/podcasts, and publications
- Assist education team with data entry, program planning and development, continuing medical education, logistics, and other tasks as needed
- Maintain departmental policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as directed or necessary
- Provide general practice management guidance to practices throughout the state
- Execute or assist with consulting projects, including new practice start ups, operations and revenue cycle assessments, compliance and training services, and other projects as assigned
- Write detailed, comprehensive reports outlining key findings and opportunities for improvement for clients.
- Assist consultants with administrative aspects of consulting projects (e.g. create client folders, vendor bids, data analysis, salary surveys and staffing ratios, staff screenings and interviews)
- Provide project proposal generation and follow-up
- Assist with development of consulting tools/processes
- Maintain client database in iMIS
- Keep current on practice management trends/issues through professional literature and relevant conferences and webinars
Starting in Medical Practice program:
- Help market presentations to over 400 program directors/house staff coordinators
- Help schedule and coordinate logistics for all presentations
- Collaborate with vendor relationships staff and graphics department to create/edit the program guide
- Assist vendor relationships staff in identifying and earning potential new sponsors
Knowledge and Experience
Requires concentrated understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. Knowledge required is normally equivalent to a bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years “hands-on” practice management experience in a medical practice. Must have experience in all aspects of practice management to include billing/collections; accounts receivable/payable, employee supervision and training; managed care; patient relations; medical office policies/procedures. In depth knowledge of current dynamics of health care industry required.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to deal effectively with other employees and physicians. Strong organizational, management and marketing ability. Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to make presentations. Ability to plan work that requires judgment and analysis of problems to meet timelines and deadlines. Good understanding of current issues affecting physician’s practices. Skilled at presentations, negotiating, and closing business. Must be self-starter, work well in a team environment, but be able to work autonomously. Ability to multi-task is critical. Must have ability to learn and use software applications in Word, Excel, IMIS, and PowerPoint. Minimal to moderate travel may be required.