|Employer:||Medic Management Group
|Type:||CONTRACTOR, PER DIEM
|Skills:||Coding & Auditing
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||275 Springside Dr,Akron 44333, OH, US
Management Group, is a health care services entity specializing in providing
services including: medical billing, collection recovery, credentialing, coding
& auditing, consulting, and practice management. Medic Management Group has a wide variety of
clients covering private practices, post-acute care facilities, hospitals and
health systems, and clinical research institutions.
you are looking for a company that encourages its employees to excel and provides
a welcoming environment, then we have a wonderful opportunity for you! We are looking to
add an experienced remote PRN Certified Medical Coder to add to our
highly skilled staff.
The PRN Certified Medical Coder is responsible to
obtain accurate reimbursement for our provider’s claims. This is done through thorough reviewing,
analyzing, and coding both diagnostic and procedural information used in the
billing of charges for physician’s services.
- Performs initial charge review to determine
appropriate CPT and ICD-10 codes to be used in reporting physician services to
third party payers.
- Interprets progress notes, operative reports,
and charge documents to determine services provided and accurately assign CPT
and ICD-10 coding to these services.
Provides coding education to providers as required.
- Performs a comprehensive review of the record to
assure all vital information such as patient identification, signatures, and
dates are all present in the record.
- Evaluates the records for documentation
consistency and adequacy. Ensured that the inlay diagnosis accurately reflects
the care and treatment rendered.
- Monitors and follows up to ensure all services
that can be billed are captured and coded for billing.
- Analyze provider documentation assure the
appropriate Evaluation & Management levels are assigned using the correct
- Responsible for ensuring the batch processes for
all coded charges.
- Utilizes batch-logging systems to comply with
internal audit standards.
- Reviews all physician documentation to ensure
compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge and
understanding of changing guidelines and regulations to insure the practice is
- Demonstrates high productivity and quality
- Performs other related duties as required and
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certified professional coder through AAPC or
AHIMA with a minimum of three years’ experience with CPT/ICD-10 coding
knowledge in OB/GYN physician billing.
- E/M experience preferred. Ideal candidate has prior experience of
- Follows policies and procedures pertinent to the
coding and compliance departments.
- High proficiency
with computer software including but not limited to health information
management system, billing software, insurance websites, and Microsoft Office.
- Able to work independently with minimal
supervision as a remote coder.
- Organize and prioritize responsibilities while
remaining flexible to changing demands.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills,
with the ability to interact with providers, staff, and others.
analytical skills and attention to detail.
have high level of discretion and judgment.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the
providers and management team.
- Work in collaboration with other staff to
maintain a team oriented environment.
- Responsible for maintaining continuing education
per certification requirements.
- Availability to work, as need.
- Work may require sitting for long periods of time.
- Occasionally lifting files or paper.
- Operating a computer, keyboard, a calculator, telephone, copier, fax, scanner, or other such office equipment through a normal business day.
- Vision must be correctable to 20/20 for viewing information on computer screen and reading information in a paper format.
- Hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts.
- Will require viewing computer screen and typing on a keyboard for prolonged periods of time.
accommodations may be made be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions. We are an equal opportunity employer.