|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||2170 South Ave South Lake Tahoe 96150, CA, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
Barton Health in South Lake Tahoe, CA is seeking a Full Time Professional Coding Auditor. Remote work for CA/NV residents!
Summary of Position:
The Professional Coding Auditor will perform coding quality audits of outpatient/ambulatory records to assure appropriateness and accurate code assignments and to provide ongoing education and feedback for the providers and staff. Also responsible for providing assistance with coding inquiries from providers, charge posters, coders, billing staff, etc.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Certification from an accredited Medical Coding secondary education program required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in physician coding and physician billing; must have working knowledge of CMS coding and documentation rules and regulations and be able to identify and apply rules and regulations as they relate to professional service audits.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing.
- Ability to analyze and identify opportunities in documentation improvement.
- Excellent written, communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and departmental information.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid (Medi-Cal) regulations.
- Ability to communicate well with others.