Professional Services Coder Job in Boston, Massachusetts
It is the responsibility of the job seeker to validate the information posted for each job. AAPC cannot validate or guarantee the accuracy of the information posted below.
Job Title: Professional Services Coder
|Employer:||Boston Children's Hospital
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Skills:||clinical coding,billing,evaluation and management
|Location:||,Boston 02215, MA, US
|At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Cardiology Administration and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.This Professional Services Coder will be responsible for:
To qualify, you must have:
- Retrieving daily billing encounters and patient booking lists for the full range of Cardiology inpatient and outpatient settings, including Evaluation and Management (E/M), procedures (Cath, EP), ancillary testing (Stress, ECHO, Device Monitors, EKG, etc.), Interventional Radiology and ICUs.
- Reviewing each encounter; assigning Fyler classification codes within the cardiology applications and verifying that all procedures are accounted for, as well as reviewing all clinical documentation for completeness.
- Reviewing all providers’ coding on a daily basis to ensure accuracy and maximization of revenue. Utilizing information systems to process accurate medical billing, maximize efficiency and obtain accurate demographic information on patients. Following-up with physicians, clinicians, fellows and residents on coding and documentation requirements for evaluation and management services and office procedures as needed. Tracking coding issues by provider and updating the Clinical Coding and Compliance Coordinator.
- Preparing coding for billing for the department, all areas of service including off site locations, in and out patient areas. Codes (CPT-4 and ICD-coding systems) may include: operative procedures, office/minor procedures, diagnostic procedures and all E/M (evaluation and management) services.
- Serving as resource person for the department on coding, billing and claims issues. Assisting providers and staff with identifying codes and resolving billing issues. Preparing estimates including International and self-pay patients and providing other analysis as needed.
- Keeping informed of third party regulations in billing/reimbursement and maintaining files of coding publications. Participating in continuing education programs to ensure that coding knowledge remains current.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
- An Associate’s degree in Medical Records or 2 years of occupationally-specific education required. Proficient computer and data entry and retrieval skills required.
- Certification through AHIMA (CCS-P) and/or AAPC (CPC); is required.
- Strong E/M working knowledge preferred.