Professional Services Coder Job in Boston, Massachusetts
It is the responsibility of the job seeker to validate the information posted for each job. AAPC cannot validate or guarantee the accuracy of the information posted below.
Job Title: Professional Services Coder
|Employer:||Boston Children's Hospital
|Skills:||E&M coding,coding,cardiology coding,ICD-coding,CPT-4
|At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced through major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Cardiology Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.This Coder, Professional Services will be responsible for:
To qualify you must have:
- Reviewing professional charges, primarily E/Ms, for accuracy based on documentation.
- Reviewing all coding documents for completeness of required documentation for Coding.
- Ensuring that accurate and optimal coding of all records are done utilizing current ICD-coding systems and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT-4) books for optimal reimbursement for services provided.
- Advising and educating providers on proper coding and documentation practices
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
- Coding experience, with knowledge of E&M coding. A background in Cardiology coding is preferred.
- The level of knowledge typically acquired through completion of two years of occupationally-specific education or an Associate’s degree in Medical Records or a closely related field.
- Proficiency with computer and data entry and retrieval skills required.
- The analytical skills to gather and interpret data that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
- The ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain hospital policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel, which requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors and/or hospital employees, more involved situation will be referred to others as appropriate.