|Employer:||Eye Centers of FL
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||4101 Evans Ave Fort Myers 33901, FL, US
Responsible for analyzing medical records to allow for accurate coding of diagnoses, visits, and procedures using ICD-10 and CPT-4 classification systems; provide continual feed-back to physicians and staff regarding medical record documentation and how it relates to the level of service provided and charged for; provide ongoing ophthalmology coding education to physicians and staff; participate in continuing education courses and seminars to maintain coding knowledge in the specialty area of Ophthalmology.
Certified Professional Coder (CPC) with a minimum of 3 years of ophthalmic coding experience preferred. Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills plus working knowledge of medical terminology and medical coding/billing required. Candidate must be honest and reliable and maintains strict confidentiality.
• 3 years of medical coding/billing experience, preferably in ophthalmology
• Comprehensive knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and the use of modifiers
• Attention to detail and ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
• Reviewing documentation and validating coding based on CMS and Correct Coding guidelines and/or as defined by the client contract
• Assist with Surgical charge posting
• Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
• Performs random chart audits to ensure appropriate coding and compliance
• Collaborates with physicians, clinical staff and any other applicable staff with the correct use of codes, modifiers, and compliance
• Team player that is willing to learn from and support other Billing and Clinical staff.
• Attends all ECOF and professional coding meetings, as required
Skills and Abilities:
• Self-direction and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously
• Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
• Effective oral communication skills; demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with internal and external customers; requires tact, diplomacy, and empathy
• Effective written communication skills; demonstrated ability to write in a clear, courteous, and a professional manner
• Proficiency with MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
Company Conformance Statement
In the performance of his/her respective tasks and duties, employee is expected to:
• Perform quality work with or without direct supervision, under high stress, and within deadlines
• Interact professionally with other employees, patients, vendors, and the public
• Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees and organizations; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
• Requests help appropriately and asks pertinent questions when unsure of task requirements
• Strictly adhere to the time and attendance policy
• Perform other related duties as required