REMOTE CERTIFIED MEDICAL CODER
Maternal Fetal Medicine Associates (MFMA) is one of the nation's leading practices for high-risk pregnancy care, ultrasound imaging, prenatal diagnosis, and more. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for high-risk pregnancies that affect patient's ability to have successful outcomes. We specialize in the following areas: Gynecology, Obstetrics, and Perinatology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Remote Certified Coder in the Billing Department. To qualify, candidates must meet the following criteria:
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High School education or GED required.
• Must have and maintain Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification through AAPC or must have and maintain CCA, CCS, or CCS-P certification through AHIMA.
• 1+ years of experience preferred (beginners welcome to apply)
• Coding guideline knowledge is required
• Knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations, techniques, and surgical procedures
• Knowledge of medical codes involving selections of most accurate and description code using the ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding conventions.
• Knowledge of medical codes involving the selection of most accurate and descriptive code using the CPT codes for billing of third-party resources
• Skill in correlating generalized observations/symptoms (vital signs, lab results, medications, etc.) to a stated diagnosis to assign the correct ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM code
• Knowledge of official coding conventions and rules established by the American Medical Association (AMA) and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for diagnostic and procedural codes.
• Requires the knowledge of the business use of computer hardware and software to ensure the effectiveness and quality of the processing and presentation of data
• Strict compliance with all coding guidelines at all times.
• Working in a highly accurate and yet efficient manner.
• Strict attention to detail in both coding and EMR entries.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract