|Type:||PART TIME, CONTRACTOR, OTHER
|Skills:||Medical Coding,Medical Auditing
|Specialties:||Multiple specialties (Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Trauma, Orthopedics, general medicine and surgery, GI, pediatrics, obstetrics, newborns, etc.)
|Required Certifications:||AHIMA or AAPC Certification
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||1444 East Lackawanna Avenue Suite 203, Olyphant 71291, AA, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
AGS Health is
currently hiring for multiple remote contract Inpatient/Same Day Surgery/ER
Profee/ and Outpatient Profee Coder and Auditor positions at top level
facilities and healthcare organizations across the United States.
duties include and are not limited to:
- Review Physician documentation
for coding appropriateness and accuracy in accordance with coding
- Utilizes an electronic medical
record (EMR) and computer-assisted coding (CAC) software or an encoder,
depending on the client.
- Reviews and analyzes medical
records for accurate code selection.
- Provides feedback to coders and
providers on coding corrections, appropriately citing authoritative
- Assists with interpretation of
codes and other information requested for accurate code assignment
(ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT, or HCPCS when applicable).
- Applies payer guidelines to
ensure compliance and appropriate reimbursement.
- Maintains current expertise in
all required coding and payment systems.
- Ensures client coding audits
are completed accurately and timely by meeting client turnaround and audit
- CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCS-P or
- 3+ years of Coding and/or
Auditing experience in hospital setting
- Epic/Cerner experience a plus
- Exposure at a large academic
facility (Level I Trauma)