Codes &/or audits all requested medical records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT codes and DRG or APC assignment in accordance with regulatory coding guidelines and best practices in the industry. Abstract key data required from the medical information consistent with UHDDS requirements, other regulatory and best practices. The coder will meet specified productivity and accuracy standards.
- Codes all requested facility or professional records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, and CPT codes in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Abstracts, codes and assigns necessary demographic and clinical data elements required
- Uses encoder to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
- Writes appropriate, non-leading queries.
- Maintains quality and productivity according to client requirements.
- Completes all I-10 and CPT education as required within established deadlines.
- Commits to continually improving his/her coding skills by actively participating in all education sessions.