|Employer:||Healthcare Resource Group
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Skills:||coding,E/M,ProFee,Physician,evaluation and management
|Specialties:||Family Practice, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Injections, Infusions, Immunizations, Women’s Health, Laboratory, Behavioral Health, Dental
|Required Certifications:||CPC or CCS-P
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||12610 E Mirabeau Parkway, Suite 800,Spokane Valley 99216, WA, US
We are seeking skilled Professional Fee coding professionals
with strong multi-specialty and E/M coding experience to provide coding to our
health system clients. This is a significant professional opportunity for
energetic, passionate coding professionals who want to make a difference in our
Healthcare Resource Group (HRG) provides
revenue cycle services to hospitals and clinics. Our HIM Division offers our
clients Coding Consulting & Compliance Services as well as Coding
OutPartnering™ from our Spokane Valley office, as well as remotely.
The Professional Fee Coder will apply appropriate diagnostic
and procedural codes to individual patient health records for a variety of
specialty physician services and clinics for claims processing, data retrieval
What HRG Offers:
- Competitive pay and referral bonuses
- Computer equipment and coding references provided
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- HRG paid retirement planning through Employee Stock
- Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Wellness
- PTO, sick days and paid holidays
- Merchant discounts
- CPC and/or CCS-P
- 3+ years of coding experience with strength in E/M coding
across multiple specialties; to include: Family Practice, Orthopedics,
Pediatrics, Injections, Infusions, Immunizations, Women’s Health, Laboratory,
Behavioral Health and Dental.
- Must possess a thorough working knowledge of ICD-10, CPT,
HCPCS code sets and modifier usage
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and medical
- Must be able to read text for long periods of time from
printed materials / computer
- Previous experience with any of the following is a plus: Indian Health Services coding, RPMS, Dentrix
- Review and abstract patient medical records to assign
diagnoses, treatments, and surgical procedures for professional and clinic services.
- Assign appropriate evaluation/management levels for
professional and clinic services.
- Ensure all services documented in the patient’s medical
record are coded with appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes. When services
are not documented appropriately, seek to attain proper documentation in a
timely manner based upon the protocols developed by Healthcare Resource Group
- Rectify errors in the pre-processor and post-processor
editing systems when assigned by client.
- Conduct reviews of medical records to ensure compliance with
coding and documentation guidelines and governmental requirements.
- Provide written reports to management with audit/review
findings and trend analysis.
- When, and if assigned by management, provide education to
providers/clients regarding results of periodic reviews while maintaining
exceptionally high degree of professionalism.
- When, and if assigned by management, provide accurate
answers to providers/clients coding and billing questions on a timely basis.
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures to
improve coding and data management for Healthcare Resource Group and client.
- Exercise excellent oral and written communication skills in
order to effectively interact and communicate with multiple professional
- Maintain a working knowledge, and stay abreast of, CPT-4,
ICD-10, HCPCS coding principles, modifier usage, medical terminology,
governmental regulations, protocols and third party payer requirements
pertaining to billing, coding and documentation.
- Demonstrate service excellence, integrity and initiative.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality of patient and clients,
abiding by HIPAA.
- Abide by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the
American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official
- Abide by Healthcare Resource Group’s Code of Conduct.
- Maintain production and quality standards as set forth by
Healthcare Resource Group.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Apply today for immediate consideration!