|Skills:||E+M,Clinic and Surgery coding
|Specialties:||General Surgery, ENT or OB surgery coding
|Required Certifications:||CPC or COC
|Location:|| Cary 29212, NC, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
As an experienced Aquity coder you will be responsible for providing coding and abstracting services for clients on inpatient, outpatient, and clinic visits for professional fee (physician services) medical records using ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 data sets for a wide variety of medical specialties. You will use established coding principles, software and your knowledge and experience to assign diagnostic and procedural codes after a thorough review of the medical record. As a coding team member, you may participate in industry forums as well as support coding education within the team. This position is fully remote.
- Reviews medical records to identify pertinent diagnoses and procedures relative to the patient's health care encounter.
- Abstracts appropriate information from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough review of the medical record.
- Solicits clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines provided by the client.
- May act as a mentor to training coders and/or new hires by providing education and training.
- Maintains current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Maintains effective and professional communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive company image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability and mutual respect.
- CCS, RHIT, RHIA, CCS-P, COC, CPC, or CIC required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of professional fee coding experience; 5-7 years preferred. Deep understanding of physician E+M guidelines.
- Understands medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, surgical technology, pharmacology and disease processes.
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding principles and guidelines, reimbursement systems, federal, state and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing.
- Must pass coding proficiency test.
Why Work for Aquity?
We offer competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive hourly pay!
- Three weeks of paid time off (120 hours) annually!
- Seven paid holidays annually!
- Job related education reimbursement, CEU and credentials!
- Medical, dental, vison, 401K with match and more!