At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the number one hospital in California - and among the top five in the country - UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The FPRMO Department Revenue Manager, under the direction of their Associate Directors and Director will assist in providing daily management of Faculty Practice revenue management operations functions related to charge capture, coding, edit resolution, reporting, and collection of patient service revenue for assigned clinical departments.
Revenue managers will oversee daily internal activities to ensure that their departments meet revenue cycle targets, performance metrics and engage in best practices. The incumbent will work with various members of the Faculty Practice revenue management operations management and staff to ensure that new revenue related projects are rolled out across their department(s), compliance requirements are met, unit initiatives are implemented and cross staff/departmental training is complete.
The Revenue Manager will also be heavily engaged with their departments to ensure that provider trainings are coordinated, new lines of business have appropriate charge capture and coding set up, and that various reports are made available to keep the department abreast of their wRVU targets, charge lag, and outstanding deficiencies.
The incumbent should be familiar with all applicable professional fee coding regulations and be able to effectively communicate these regulations to all levels of faculty, management and staff. Knowledge of the UCSF Revenue Cycle across the spectrum will be key to the success of the individual in this position.
* Bachelors in Health Administration OR a minimum three or more years work experience in Revenue Management
* Strong communication, writing, and inter-personal abilities, including skills such as attitude, diplomacy and persuasiveness, analytical ability, strong judgment and managerial skills
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills. An in depth knowledge of all facets of the billing and revenue cycle process; including a fundamental understanding of coding (CPT and ICD-9) and documentation requirements (for both billing and compliance), the billing submission process, and the accounts receivable management process
* Knowledge of the federal and state Medicare and Medi-Cal policies and how these programs impact billing and collections
* Moderate to advanced level functionality with Microsoft Office suite of programs, presentation generation, reporting and analysis
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
* CPC or related coding certification
* MBA, MHA, MPA, or other Master's degree relevant to health care
* Previous Supervisory Experience
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center's values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.