Summary of Position;
ideal candidate will have extensive experience in cardiology . Certification of
CPC, CCS-P, CCC, COSC, CPMA from AAPC, or AHIMA. Experience with E.H.R.
implementation creating and administrating coding rules database a big
plus. Other skills required; excellent
verbal and written communication skills, public speaking, ability to create and
present audit results to physicians, extensive knowledge of OIG, CMS, LCD,
NCCI, MUE, Government and commercial payors policies/guidelines. Experience
with 837/835 reports, interpreting data elements and errors codes, and overall
understanding of the revenue cycle. Proficient with Microsoft applications.
This position reports directly to the Director of Revenue Cycle Operations.
· Coordinates and executes coding audit projects
· Administers all PHI data in a manner following HIPAA guidelines
· Serves as a Subject Matter Expert to our Data Science and
Development Engineering Team
· Mentor other team members or interns
· Work independently to meet or exceed deadlines
· Organize and update coding rules database(s)
· Collaborates with Coding and Data Science Engineering Team
· Achieves understanding of company goals and objectives for project
· Exhibits customer service professionalism and engagement with all
customers and data partners
· Performs other related duties, which may be inclusive, but not
listed in the job description
· Federal Laws and regulations affecting coding requirements
· Knowledge of Medical Records, E.H.R. required
· Expert level knowledge and hands on expertise in all coding
conventions of ICD10, CPT, HCPCS, Modifiers etc.
Education and Certifications;
Associate Degree; Preferred,
Bachelors in Health Services Administration Desired
Certification; Preferred: CPC,
COSC, CCC, CCS-P, CPMA
Accredited by; AAPC or AHIMA,
Must maintain active membership (AAPC or AHIMA) and meet C.E.U. requirements
yearly/Bi-Yearly as required by certification entity.
CANDIDATE MUST RESIDE IN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE MELBOURNE FLORIDA AREA.