The Senior Coding Educator identifies opportunities to improve provider documentation and creates an education plan tailored to each assigned provider. The Senior Coding Educator work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Coding Educator work assignments, involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Applies knowledge of HCC coding, documentation guidelines, and creates an education plan tailored to assigned provider Groups. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop meaningful reports and analysis of Risk Adjustment outcomes and presents to provider group leadership to discuss.
The Senior Coding Educator identifies opportunities to improve Medicare Risk Adjustment processes, programs, and initiatives, reviews data from medical record review and arranges educational sessions with providers aimed at quality of care and documentation improvements. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- HS Diploma or higher degree
- AHIMA or AAPC CPC (Certified Professional Coder) Certification required
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Problem solve complex issues
- Guide business and leadership in process improvement
- Medical record review knowledge
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Bachelors Degree or Higher
- Experience with risk adjustment or HCC coding
This position is for candidates who live in Idaho or within 50 miles of Seattle WA.
Scheduled Weekly Hours