Senior Hospital Billing Compliance Auditor Job in Boston, Massachusetts
It is the responsibility of the job seeker to validate the information posted for each job. AAPC cannot validate or guarantee the accuracy of the information posted below.
Job Title: Senior Hospital Billing Compliance Auditor
|Employer:||Boston Children's Hospital
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:|| Boston 02115, MA, US
|This Senior Hospital Billing Compliance Auditor will be responsible for:
To qualify, you must have:
- Performing audits for hospital billing compliance by reviewing medical record documentation for documentation compliance for billed CPT, Level II HCPCS and ICD-10 diagnosis codes.
- Determining that governmental and third party payer regulations are being complied with as evidenced in medical record documentation; and evaluating appropriateness of billing and coding procedures.
- Utilizing audit software to perform hospital billing compliance audits.
- Preparing audit reports and performing follow up education to clinical Departments based on results of audit.
- Working collaboratively with appropriate personnel to identify and recommend strategies for process improvement and to develop and draft billing and coding policies.
- Working with clinical Departments on hospital billing compliance initiatives.
- Assisting in response to billing audit requests from outside the institution (e.g., government audits).
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a flexible schedule, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes. Discover your best.Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in Hospital coding and billing, including assisting Hospital Departments to comply with regulatory CPT and ICD-10 coding requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred however not required.
- Knowledge of healthcare compliance regulations.
- The ability to read and understand medical record documentation.
- The analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems.
- Communication and collaboration skills in order to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediate fair solutions, and well-developed writing skills.
- A Professional Billing Coding certification (CPC, CCS-P) required.?