|Required Certifications:||CPC or other coding certification
|Location:||8 Oak Park Bedford 01730, MA, US
LogixHealth, located in Bedford, MA, provides physician-inspired services and technology that result in smarter healthcare. In order to attain our vision, we need the best and most inspired team members. We're looking for people with a high level of intellectual curiosity and drive who always ask 'why' and 'how can we do it smarter.'
Participates in the development of education and assists LogixHealth with implementing the goal to deliver an educational experience that is complete, concise and provides an exceptional product to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, train and audit coders on ED pro /facility coding as it relates to coding philosophy
- Provide auditing support for new coders and deliver results back to Coding team for education of coders
- Approve coders to transition to the live production environment once they meet our quality and quantity standards
- Monitor E/M distribution shifts, schedule audits to determine root cause and provide a meaningful analysis
- Direct the offshore compliance auditors
- Complete quarterly compliance audits for clients
- Facilitate responses to client audits (compliance, third party, etc.)
- Join client calls to respond to client’s questions as it pertains to the quality of coding
- Assist with training and development of CQ team members
- Monitor and track accuracy of internal quality audits from each of our partners
- Manage new client Quality Reviews
- Assist in development of new and updated educational opportunities for the coding staff
- Uphold company mission, vision and values
- Comply with all State and Federal Laws regarding an effective Compliance Program inclusive of HIPAA Privacy and Security
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and be familiar with all compliance policies and procedures stored in LogixGarden relevant to this position
- Ensure departmental employees follow the Code of Conduct, compliance policies and procedures
- Administer the appropriate sanction when an employee violates a compliance policy or procedure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
Bachelor’s degree or certification or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prior word processing, spreadsheet and internet software experience including proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word required.
Prior Emergency Department specific coding background with a familiarity of different types of chart constructs is preferred.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Ability to organize and prioritize information with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to facilitate the education opportunities for established coders
- Ability to work with several new coders at the same time
- Ability to assess/evaluate skills for many aspects of coder education
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a stressful fast paced environment
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to be flexible and possess a positive attitude while viewing problems as an opportunity for improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands, talk, hear and occasionally walk and reach with hands or arms